- Crossflow Technology
- Virtually no dead spots
- Evenly Distributed Flow
- Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"
- Discrete Design
- Directional Twin Flow Cages
- Gyre Generating Flows - Virtually No Dead Spots
- Advanced Controller with the ability to add an additional gyre to work in tandem.
- Waterproof Mounting Magnet
- 12 Month Warranty
- Contents: Gyre Pump with Magnet Mount, Power Supply, Spare Rotors and Cages.
- Maximum Flow: 6000 GPH
- Power Consumption: 10 - 80 Watts
- Recommended Aquarium Size: 200 - 1000 Gallons
- Pump Module: Dimensions (LxWxH): 14.8 x 3.8 x 2in, Weight: 1.91lb
- Power Supply Unit: Input Voltage / Current: 115-230vAC 50/60Hz
Revolutionary Crossflow Water Movement Technology
The Maxspect Gyre is the world's first "gyre"- generating water moving device for aquariums. Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no dead spots in its wake.
Gyres are ocean current systems that basically move the water in a circular way. A spiral oceanic surface current driven primarily by the global wind system and constrained by the continents surrounding the three ocean basins (Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian). Each ocean basin has a large gyre in the subtropical region, centered around 30 degrees north and south latitude. Smaller gyres occur at 50 degrees north latitude in the North Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The direction of a gyre's rotation is determined by the prevailing winds in the region, with the large subtropical gyres rotating clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium. On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
See the links tab for Advanced Controller Manual.
Available Download Links
|Maxspect Gyre User Manual|