E-Mail J&L Aquatics
Shipping & Policies
FREE SHIPPING ON DOMESTIC (WITHIN CANADA) DRY GOOD ORDERS OVER $100.00!*
ALL LIGHTING SYSTEM ORDERS OVER $100.00 ONLY PAY 50% OF SHIPPING ON DOMESTIC ORDERS!
ALL FLUORESCENT BULB ORDERS OF 6 BULBS OR MORE OVER $100.00 PAY ONLY 50% OF SHIPPING ON DOMESTIC ORDERS!
*Does not apply to salt, chiller, aquarium, sump, sand, etc. orders.
- Live Goods are generally shipped via Airline guaranteed freight unless
otherwise specified. By shipping guaranteed freight, this allows us
to choose the flight the animals will be on, and advise you the arrival
time. In addition, we request that all live goods be held in a heated
warehouse prior to you receiving them, and that they are shipped in
a heated compartment of the airplane.
- In most cases we can also ship to your door via UPS overnight service.
While this is more convenient and tends to cost a little less, we cannot
offer a live arrival guarantee.
- For regional orders (those to Vancouver Island, and the interior of
British Columbia) we can ship by bus, but please note:
LIVE ARRIVAL WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED ON BUS & UPS ORDERS - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Packaging charges will be applied to all orders containing live goods. A flat rate of $5 will be levied to cover the cost of packaging (styrofoam box and/or heat packs). We will do our best to ensure that your package has the greatest possible protection of the animals, to ensure they arrive to you safely and in good health.
CORAL, FISH AND INVERTEBRATE SHIPPING COSTS
AB, SK, MB
The prices listed in the chart above are for live good shipments only! Dry good shipments are calculated in the shopping cart.
- Liverock is not included in the promotion
(see here for approximate liverock shipping costs).
- Above listed prices include all surcharges but do not include taxes.
- All dollar values are before taxes, and you may not make up the order
value using dry goods and/or equipment.
- Shipping costs are based on shipping through either Westjet or Air Canada
to most major destinations. We reserve the right to limit this promotion
to those airports that are serviced directly by either Air Canada or Westjet
- At this time we are not able to offer this promotion to the Yukon, Northwest
Territories, or Nunavut.
- If there is room in the box for a small dry good item, we will be more
than happy to pack it in there. We will not however be able to ship several
dry good items with a livestock shipment. They will have to be sent as
a separate dry good order.
- Shipments containing both live rock or drygoods, and livestock will be calculated
as follows: Cost of shipping for the livestock using the chart above +
actual cost of liverock/drygood shipping (by weight). If wanting a combination
order of livestock and liverock, it is best to call or e-mail us for a
LIVEROCK SHIPPING COSTS (APPROXIMATE)REGIONVIA20LBS50LBS100LBS200LBSBCBUS$25.00$40.00$61.00$106.00
BCAIR$72.00$105.00$189.00$360.00AB, SK, MBAIR$67.00$76.00$132.00$241.00Toronto, MontrealAIR$67.00$88.00$156.00$291.00Other Regions in Ont. and PQ.AIR$67.00$115.00$215.00$410.00MaritimesAIR$92.00$138.00$253.00$486.00
- The above table is meant as a general guideline only. Please call for final pricing..
- Shipping is based on transport through Air Canada or Westjet unless otherwise specified.
- Sorry, bus service is not available outside of British Columbia.
- In many instances, UPS Express (overnight service) can be the same
price (and in some cases much cheaper), and can be delivered to your door.
Contact us for availability and price in your area.
- J&L Aquatics ships dry goods via either Canada Post or UPS (dependent
on the most cost effective manner) unless otherwise specified at the
time the order is placed. Upon request, we will ship your dry goods
as per your specifications (courier, airlines, etc.).
- Dry goods are shipped with full insurance according to the carriers
policy. Insurance will be added to all orders at a cost of $1.55 for
the first $100.00, and $.65/$100.00 thereafter. Please note that insurance
is provided by the carrier of choice, not J&L Aquatics.
- Shipping rates are calculated at the time of check-out. J&L Aquatics reserves the right to adjust shipping costs accordingly if required. Please note that if the shipping cost is more than stated on the website at time of check out, you will be contacted for confirmation before your order is shipped.
J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below.
- One Ambassador needs to be assigned per group order. The
ambassador is required to coordinate ordering between the group and
J&L. We will work closely with the ambassador to ensure the items
requested are on hold and accurately billed.
- An Order List, which contains the entire contents of the
order separated by person involved, will be provided to J&L near
the end of the group order Cut off period. Contact information
(actual name and phone number) of each person listed is also required.
No bulletin board handles will be accepted.
- A Cut Off Period needs to be assigned by the ambassador at the outset of the group order, and no additions or changes may be made past this point. The Cut off period is generally the business day before the order is scheduled to be shipped.
The group ambassador is responsible for all order/shipping charges.
- Items marked by a indicate that we at J&L Aquatics have used in the past, or are currently using the indicated product. We have found the item to be of good quality and are happy with the use to which the product was intended.
- This endorsement in no way retracts from other products we offer. It is simply a method for us to let the consumer know the products that we have tried and had success with.
- J&L Aquatics guarantees that your live goods order will arrive
to you alive. In addition, we guarantee that all livestock purchased
from us will remain in alive for a 24 hour period after arrival. If
in the unfortunate event this is not the case, we require the following:
- Your livestock is properly acclimated (Acclimation
Techniques) to your tank in a timely manner (within 4 hours)
- You must notify J&L Aquatics within 24 hours of delivery by
email or telephone. If this takes place on a holiday, the time stamp
on the voice mail or email will be used as the time of receipt.
- Dead livestock is to be returned to J&L Aquatics within 48
hours of notification with a sample of your aquarium water. Dead
livestock is to be shipped Canada Post Priority Mail. Any/all shipping
charges for returning dead livestock will be reimbursed to you through
a J&L Aquatics credit. There will be no cash reimbursements.
- A replacement animal or a J&L Aquatics in house credit will
be given for the price of the livestock returned to J&L Aquatics
(credit does not include any original box, packaging or shipping
charges). If a replacement is requested, the customer is responsible
for any/all box, packaging and shipping expenses incurred for shipping
the replacement animal.
- Your livestock is properly acclimated (Acclimation Techniques) to your tank in a timely manner (within 4 hours) upon receipt.
- J&L Aquatics livestock guarantee does not pertain to replacement
- Livestock death/damage due to carrier mishandling must be claimed
through the carrier.
- The above only applies to orders that are shipped via Air Cargo Guaranteed
- In order for the guarantee to be valid, all of the above conditions
must be met.
- Please note that J&L Aquatics will accept no returns/exchanges
- In the event of an order cancellation on live goods (excluding live
rock), J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable
30% re-stocking charge. Live goods that are specially ordered are non-refundable.
- In the event of an order cancellation on live rock, J&L Aquatics
reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 20% re-stocking charge.
Live rock that is specially ordered is non-refundable, and the customer
will be responsible for 100% of the order.
- Echinoderms, Cucumbers and Nudibranchs: J&L Aquatics will take every measure to ensure that your animal arrives in a healthy condition. However, due to the extremely delicate nature of these animals, the livestock guarantee does not apply. Certain restrictions apply on select fish as well. Please refer to our Saltwater Fish section for details.
- All returns and/or exchanges must be made within 7 days of receipt
of product. Products may only be returned unused, and in original unopened
packaging. J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable
15% restocking charge for any/all returned merchandise (excluding exchanges).
J&L Aquatics will not be responsible for return shipping charges.
Original shipping charges are non-refundable. If the item was originally shipped under our free shipping policy, the cost of doing so will be removed from the credit. Before returning/exchanging
any goods, we require that you authorize your return with J&L Aquatics.
Any items returned without our authorization will be declined.
- In the event that your order is damaged by the carrier, a claim will
be filed with the carrier company. Upon approval of the claim by the
carrier, your original order will be re-shipped to you at no additional
cost. If you wish to return the damaged goods for a refund or credit,
the 15% restocking charge will be applied. J&L Aquatics will not
be held responsible for any/all shipping delays that may occur from
time to time.
- Special order & sale items are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Dry Good Order cancellations may also be subject to a 15% restocking charge.