E-Mail J&L Aquatics
AquaBeam 600 Ultra LED Light Strip (1-12W Reef White)
Inventory Status: Instock
Solid State Lighting (SSL) refers to a type of lighting that utilises light-emitting diodes (LEDs) as sources of illumination rather than electrical filaments or gas. The term "Solid State" refers to the fact that light in an LED is emitted from a solid object - a block of semiconductor - rather than from a vacuum or gas tube, as is the case in traditional incandescent and fluorescent lamps.
AquaRay Solid State Lighting Systems have so many advantages over traditional lighting systems and can be used on all types of aquarium setups, from tropical to reef tanks including:
- Up to 50,000 hours lamp life (equivalent to 6x standard fluorescent lighting) with no significant deterioration in spectral quality and less than a 20% reduction in light output.
- Low voltage and cool running. Uses a safe, low voltage DC supply, requiring no noisy fans and ensuring minimal heat transfer to the aquarium water, reducing the need for additional cooling systems.
- Highest useable and visible output of light per unit of energy consumed (all visible and directed). Tests have shown that a 12w AquaBeam produces up to 33% more illumination at 50cm than a 24w compact fluorescent aquarium fitting.
- Lowest running costs and carbon footprint of any lighting system available. An AquaBeam 600 lamp unit will cost less than $15 per year to run and will operate under normal aquarium conditions for up to 10 years before needing replacement. All AquaRay products are made by TMC in the UK, reducing unnecessary transport costs and further lowering the carbon footprint of your lighting system. They are also environmentally safe, using NO MERCURY and are backed by a 5 YEAR GUARANTEE (1 year on power supply).
- Reduced light spillage around the aquarium with all the light directed to the aquarium, without scatter from inefficient reflectors and large, clumsy light fittings.
- Unique light-weight, waterproof design and flexible mounting options including over tank hanging and wall mounting, making them suitable for replacement, retrofit and new install.
- Future-proofed to include digital capability and compatibility. Unlike most fluorescents and metal halides, AquaRay Light Units have the capability to be digitally controlled and future AquaRay developments will include timer functions, dimming and colour changing to suit your mood and application.
AquaBeam 600 Ultra Features:
- Completely re-engineered housing, sealed with a single silicon rubber gasket.
- New-style screws ensure the unit is factory serviceable.
- Stainless steel threaded inserts make direct mounting inside a hood much easier.
- Wide angle beam.
- Suitable for all marine aquaria.
- Low running costs and power consumption.
- No bulb replacements and long life > 50,000 hours.
- High energy efficiency using the latest Generation of CREE XR-E PowerLEDs specially selected for AquaRay products.
- Wide range of mounting options using the MMS Modular Mounting System.
- The AquaBeam 600 Ultra Reef White LED is ideal for aquariums of 18-24" depth keeping primarily marine fish.
- Physical Dimensions: 19"L x 2"W x 1-1/4"H
- AquaBeam Selection Guide
- AquaRay LED Spectrum Chart
|Some other items you may want to consider...|