- Warm white LED enhances algae growth.
- Natural removal of excess PO4 and NO3.
- Increased pH / balanced system pH.
- Fish-free safe haven for pod growth.
- Grow your own food to feed to algae eating fish.
- Phosban 550 Reactor
- Reef Crest 2m (6 foot) 14 Watt Warm White LED Strip
- Sicce MicroPlus Water Pump
- Phosban Extension Kit
- 5 Feet 1/2" ID Tubing
- 10 Zap Straps
- Footprint: 15.25" x 4.25"
- Flow Rate: 80 - 150 gph
- **Some assembly required
When your goal is to grow algae, this purpose built algae reactor is indispensable. The intelligent design maximizes the amount of available light to the Macroalgae, vastly increasing the amount of Nitrate and Phosphate that can be removed from your system. As the algae carry out photosynthesis they will also remove carbon dioxide from the water and boost the systems pH level (excellent when trying to support calicification).
Depending on the algae species you decide to grow, you can leave the light on 24/7 (for maximum nutrient export), or install a timer and only light the algae during the period when your display tank lighting is off.
The reactor set-up is not submersible, so plan on installing this exterior to the tank or sump wall.