- Cast Acrylic tube
- PVC base and lid as well as PN16 U-PVC fittings used for maximum durability
- Onboard true union ball valve for easy flow-control
- Union connection to pump and barbed hose connections make maintenance quick and easy
- The Quick-Loc lid design allows for easy removal and/or replenishment of any type of media
- Titanium screws won't rust or break
- Silicone O-rings help ensure water tight operation for inline operation
- Can be utilized in both internal or external applications
- Capacity: 1.5 liters of media (approximately 50 US-fl. Oz.)
- Total height: 485mm (approximately 19")
- Chamber diameter: 100mm (Approximately 4")
- Foot-Print: 120mm x 120mm (approximately 4.7" x 4.7")
Crystal clear displays are always the goal of any aspiring reef hobbyist. As mainstays of the hobby, activated carbons and phosphate adsorbing medias go a long way towards the fulfillment of this goal by adsorbing many of the impurities that accumulate in the water column. Furthermore, the uses of PHA biodegradable plastics such as "Vertex Pro-Bio Pellets" are becoming increasingly popular and prove to be an effective addition to most nutrient-export systems.
Incorporating these medias into the systems has traditionally been accomplished with the aid of filter bags and/or cartridges. However, this is far from being the most effective means of utilizing these products as the medias compact, flow-through declines, and the surface area contact becomes compromised. Vertex Universal Media Reactors provide a practical solution by fluidizing the given medias, thereby eliminating the problem of compaction and allocating complete control of flow-through to the user.
The Rx-U series of Media Reactors accomplish these tasks in style. Only the finest material is utilized and through precise CNC machining a perfect combination of form and function has been realized. No expense has been spared to offer the best quality and most versatile functionality. From titanium screws to a Quick-Loc lid design; ease of use, functionality, modularity and easy maintenance has been the aspirations behind designing the RX-U Series.
Rx-U units are designed for INLINE hard-plumbed and/or REMOTE soft-hose applications. Set up is a breeze and further to that the unit can also be fully disassembled for thorough maintenance. While the reactor is perfectly fit to run probiotic media, the additional Bio-Peller add-on assembly is offered for replacement of foam discs if and when desired and/or necessary.