- Complete source of the elements and molecules that are directly used by coralline algae, as well as corals, clams, and other reef-building invertebrates
- Provides calcium, strontium, magnesium, and potassium in approximately the same ratios* in which they occur in aragonite.
- Very strong source of carbonates (derived from aragonite), the other important group of ions involved in aragonite formation.
- Increases alkalinity to help stabilize pH.
- Stronger than competing products.
- May be used as an inexpensive alternative to automated calcium reactor systems with similar results.
- Free of phosphate, silicate, and organic material.
The active components of Coralline Accelerator are provided by a combination of sources and include natural aragonite, increasing the solubility of the solution and the effectiveness of the method. Silicate- and phosphate-free.
Examples of reef-building organisms familiar to hobbyists are: coralline algae, stonycorals and their allies; molluscs including clams (bivalves) and snails (gastropods); tube worms that secrete calcareous burrows; and other calcareous algae such as Halimeda, and Penicilus. These organisms require that the components of aragonite be in adequate concentrations if they are to thrive, regardless of how perfect the remainder of their environment is. The advantage to this method of supplementation is that one product may be used to establish and maintain water parameters conducive to reef formation.
Note that target ion-specific supplementation may be called for in some aquaria, depending upon stocking density of reef-building organisms and environmental conditions within the system. Additionally, hobbyists may choose to use Coralline Accelerator in conjunction with other methods of calcium, strontium, magnesium, and carbonate supplementation as a means of diversifying their dosing routine.
The rate at which calcium and carbonates are extracted from the water is determined by the stocking density of reef-building livestock, type of lighting, and other conditions; therefore, each aquarium will have different requirements for the rate of supplementation.
Shake product well before using. Add 10 ml (2 capfuls) of product per 50 US-gallons of aquarium water every other day or as needed to maintain the calcium concentration within a range of 412 - 450 ppm. When used in this fashion, 500 ml treats up to 2,500 US-gallons (9,450 L). Coralline Accelerator may temporarily cloud aquarium water after addition, therefore it is recommended that the product be dosed in the late evening.
|Display request for quote||N/A|