- Trap Door - The door is held up with an inserted clip that is tied to a fishing line. By pulling on the fishing line, the clip is dislodged and the weighted door drops, thus trapping the targeted inhabitant.
- Easy Attachment- Attaching the fish trap is very easy. Adapters on these fish traps enable the user to utilize on both thin molding, rimless and eurobraced tanks of around 5/8th thickness. Nylon screws are provided to hold traps securely in-place. Especially ideal for tanks with strong circulation.
- Feeding Tube - The Feeding Tube is held in position with an O-ring. Adjustments of the O-ring to the desired position will alter the height and depth of the feeding tube. Holes at the bottom inhibit larger food particles from falling entirely through.
- Collapsible - Entirely collapsible makes the fish trap easy to store and not take up a lot of precious room when not in use.
- Additional Uses - Acclimating new roommates, getting clownfish to host anemones, reattaching loose corals, housing for seahorses, pairing fish, adapting finicky fish to tank food, etc.
- Dimensions: 8" x 6.5" x 7.12"
- Door Opening: 5.62" x 4.62"
- Mounting Thickness: .75"
- Food Feeder: 4.62"
Get rid of those nuisance animals in your aquarium!
The Bubble Magus Fish Trap easy! The process of capturing the unwanted fish or invertebrate occurs by using a clip that is inserted into the door which is connected to fishing line that drops a weighted door when the target enters the trap to acquire food.
The unit comes with an adapter to hang these traps on rimless or horizontal bracing up to 5/8" thick.
|Display request for quote||N/A|
Well built, does the job Review by RazorRay
Quality Price Value
The product works as advertised but I find it a little pricey for what it is. I would like to see an option to change the orientation (i.e. provisions to connect the mounting brackets to the long side) I ended up having to cable tie them on that side just to make it easier for the fish to find the open side. (Posted on 1/13/2019)
Nicely built but needs some refinement Review by gregzz4
Quality Price Value
This trap is excellently built. They thought it out very well with laser cut pieces that fit together just right and are held together with o-rings. A nice option if you would like to store it collapsed in the box, but who's going to bother taking it apart? It's just a cheap way to build/ship the unit.
The instructions are a bit lax on details, especially when it comes to using the pull-tab for the trap door.
Using a 6' length of fishing line to close the trap door is silly. Who wants to sit 3 feet from their tank and wait ...
Then there's the problem of fishing line twisting/knotting up.
The vendor should supply a short length of line with a connection point, and a long line of string or such.
This way you can sit far enough away to allow the critters to investigate the box without you sitting right next to them.
The feeder tube is a joke. The lid blew off the first time I tried it, blowing food all over the tank and feeding the fish I've been trying to capture for 4 days!!!
I'm returning the unit with a fail review (Posted on 10/6/2016)