Milwaukee Digital Seawater Refractometer
The MA887 is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of the refractive index to determine the salinity of natural and artificial seawater, ocean water or brackish intermediates. The digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for ship, shore or home use.
- PSU: The newest type scale standard - Letters stand for Practical Salinity Units and is fast become the universal standard for seawater measurement.
- PPT: The old standard of Parts Per Thousand of saturated salt. This is the oldest of the 3 seawater measurements scales.
- SG: The current standard of Specific Gravity hydrometers and refractometers.
All conversion algorithms are based upon respected scientific publications using the physical properties of seawater (not sodium chloride). The temperature (in C or F) is also displayed on the large dual level display along with helpful message codes.
Features & Specifications:
- Range: PSU: 0 - 50, PPT: 0 - 150, SG: 1.000 - 1.114, Temperature: 0 - 80C (32 - 176F)
- Resolution: PSU: 1, PPT: 1, SG: 0.001, Temperature: 0.1C (0.1F)
- Accuracy: PSU: +/- 2, PPT: +/- 2, SG: +/1 0.002, Temperature: +/-0.3C (0.5F)
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Dual-Level LCD
- Easy set-up and storage
- Battery operation with low power indicator
- Automatically turns off after 3 mins of non-use
- Stainless steel well and prism - Simply place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the read key
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)