- Protein skimmer with removable collection cup - Skimmer cup collects debris and harmful waste from water - maintenance is quick and easy.
- Motor equipped with needle wheel impeller optimizes skimming by creating more bubbles then a traditional pump.
- Multiple filtration layers for diminished micro bubble entry into the aquarium.
- Reduced maintenance with optimally designed skimming collection cup.
- Skimming not affected by water level fluctuations.
- Adjustable air flow controls volume of micro bubbles thus controlling intensity of skimming bubbles.
- Phosphate remover specialty media pad helps to remove excess phosphates that contribute to algae growth, traps waste, food and other organic debris.
- Large carbon cartridge with dual sided dense floss containing activated carbon.
- Heater clip accommodates an Aqueon preset heater (up to 100W) - heater sold separately.
- Suitable for marine aquariums up to 30 gallons. Ideal for nano reefs/aquariums and quarantine tanks.
IN a saltwater aquatic environment, debris and other organic materials can dissolve into fine particles which cannot be removed with a carbon cartridge alone; protein skimming is needed.
Protein skimming is the process of using micro bubbles (or foam) to lift dissolved debris from water, making water cleaner, clearer, and healthier for saltwater livestock and corals.
The Coralife Marine FIlter with Protein Skimmer has an adjustable air flow dial that controls the volume of micro bubbles generated. Debris is collected in a cup that can be easily removed and emptied.
Each Coralife Marine Filter with Protein Skimmer comes with a large carbon cartridge and the phosphate remover specialty filter pad.
|Display request for quote||N/A|
Buy a better skimmer Review by Jordan
Quality Price Value
I bought this because of the attractive price, but after a several months of use, I'm really regretting it.
This skimmer is actually very efficient and yields good thick sludge, but it absolutely floods my tank with micro bubbles. Stuffing the chamber with filter floss helped a bit, but then the filter started to overflow. I had to set it up on a timer to run only during the night due to the bubbles.
After about a month, the water kept flowing but the skimming stopped. I would have to fiddle with the air intake to get it going again, but it would stop again after a day. Every couple weeks I need to tear down the filter, clean everything thoroughly, dry it out, and put it back together, only to have it repeatedly fail.
I would recommend spending more on a dedicated skimmer, like the QQ1. (Posted on 8/17/2018)
Good Value! Review by Paul
Quality Price Value
Very good product for the price, using it on my 36g reef tank. Only thing I don't like about it is the difficulty to get at a good skimming rate. Takes a bit of tweaking and experimentation to get it right. (Posted on 9/9/2017)