- PSU: The newest type scale standard - Letters stand for Practical Salinity Units and is fast become the universal standard for seawater measurement.
- PPT: The old standard of Parts Per Thousand of saturated salt. This is the oldest of the 3 seawater measurements scales.
- SG: The current standard of Specific Gravity hydrometers and refractometers.
- Range: PSU: 0 - 50, PPT: 0 - 150, SG: 1.000 - 1.114, Temperature: 0 - 80C (32 - 176F)
- Resolution: PSU: 1, PPT: 1, SG: 0.001, Temperature: 0.1C (0.1F)
- Accuracy: PSU: +/- 2, PPT: +/- 2, SG: +/1 0.002, Temperature: +/-0.3C (0.5F)
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Dual-Level LCD
- Easy set-up and storage
- Battery operation with low power indicator
- Automatically turns off after 3 mins of non-use
- Stainless steel well and prism - Simply place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the read key
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V AA (included)
The MA887 is an optical instrument that employs the measurementof the refractive index to determine the salinity ofnatural and artificial seawater, ocean water or brackish intermediates.The digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associatedwith mechanical refractometers and is easily portable forship, shore or home use.
All conversion algorithms are based uponrespected scientific publications using thephysical properties of seawater (not sodiumchloride). The temperature (in C or F) is alsodisplayed on the large dual level display alongwith helpful message codes.
Features & Specifications:
|Display request for quote||No|
love mine Review by babnika
Price Value Quality
I had a verry hard time justifying the price before I bought one of these .Now I'll never go back the simplicity & quick ease of use have sold me. I have had it for some time now never let me down great product (Posted on 9/15/2015)
Available Download Links
|Digital Seawater Refractomer Advanced Cleaning Procedures|