Neptune Apex A3 Pro Aquarium Controller
Neptune Apex Pro Aquarium Controller
Ultimate aquarium control for any serious aquarist.
The Apex Pro Controller offers the most complete experience of monitoring and controlling your aquarium. - For the discerning aquarist.
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring key parameters in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment - ensuring it is operating correctly at all times - and lets you know when it's not.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you can correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup wizards and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
Key New Features of the A3 Apex Pro
- Onboard FMM accessory ports. The Apex Pro has a total of 4
- Includes the Liquid Level Sensor - 15 inch
- Includes the new Optical Leak Sensor (LD-3)
- Includes the new and improved Temperature Probe
The Neptune Apex is Wireless Internet Ready!
For years we have advocated a wired network connection for your Apex due to its superior reliability - and we still do. However, for many people a wired connection is just not possible.
So, for this Apex we spent countless man-hours developing an incredible 802.11g/n Wi-Fi connection with reliability that rivals a wired connection. And, the connection process to your home network is amazingly simple - getting you set up and on the Apex Fusion cloud service in just a couple of minutes!
Apex Energy Bar 832 - The Ultimate Power Control Hub
This Energy Bar 832 was redesigned from the ground up. Not only does it have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports. Each individual outlet has power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet. Read on and watch the videos for more info.
- Apex Power Monitoring: For years we have been asked to do the power monitoring of the individual devices connected to each outlet - but it just wasn't possible without breaking your bank. Now it's here and with comes tons of benefits.
For many the cost of the electricity to run a successful aquarium is a major concern in their household. Even for those where electricity is cheap, we believe most aquarists care a great deal about their energy consumption and its effect on the environment. Ironically, our energy usage could be directly connected to excess greenhouse gasses, the warming of the oceans, and the bleaching of the corals!
However, armed with the right information we believe aquarists will not only be able to make operating and purchase decisions that will save them hundreds of dollars a year, but they will also be able to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Built-In 1Link and 24VDC Ports on the Neptune Apex: This Energy Bar has a built-in 100W, 24VDC power supply that can control up to three Neptune Systems 1LINK products like the WAV and DOS. It also includes two switchable 24V DC on/off outlets that are compatible with any 24V device under 30W and Neptune Systems 24V accessories like our Practical Multi-purpose Utility Pump (PMUP).
- Individual Outlet Indicator LED: Each Energy Bar AC outlet as well as the two 24VDC accessory ports have their own status LED. This LED tells you when that outlet is energized. The LED will also blink rapidly if a device is plugged in that exceeds the current capability for that outlet.
- The Neptune Apex offers Alarms and Decisions based on Power: Since the Apex is receiving continual power usage data from the Energy Bar 832, it can be configured to send you notifications when a device is not using power as it should be. An example would be a return pump showing no power consumption when the outlet is on or a skimmer whose power consumption will show differently when its airline is clogged when compared to normal operation. These high and low limits are completed customizable by individual outlet. You can even use this power data to control other devices.
- All Outlets Relay Switched on the Apex EB832: Times have changed and it is fairly uncommon now for aquariums to have AC devices that must be cycled on and off continuously. This means that we could now switch all AC outlets to relay switching since there is no need to have soft start and there is no concern for the noise of the relay.
13 Total Connections Available on your Neptune Apex!
- 8 - 120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles
- 3 - 1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.
- 2 - Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
What is included in your Neptune Apex Pro Box
- 1 - Neptune Apex Pro Base System
- 1 - Energy Bar 832
- 1 -Temperature Probe - new design
- 1 - Double Junction ORP Probe
- 1 - Double Junction pH Probe
- 4 - Built in FMM ports
- 1 - Optical Leak Sensor (LD-3)
- 1 - 15" Liquid Level Sensor
See images for product comparisons and what is included with the different models.
Note: The display or salinity probe is NOT included with the Apex Pro and Apex A3 Systems. They are available for purchase separately.
More useful information and videos on the Apex A3 Series