An additional thing to realize is that rock is part of the biological filtration system of the aquarium. When applying a rock setup as described above, it is a good idea to have other biological media somewhere in the system (in most cases).
Hope this helps.
- We hold our real reef rock (all types) in water just as we do regular live rock.
- Real Reef rock can be sent standard UPS to you. That said, we would recommend express or air freight to help preserve the bacteria present on the rock.
- When ordering by box, we will do our best to give you a mix of sizes - usually ranging from 2lbs-8lbs. Should you require specific sizes, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Each box of Real Reef Rock weighs approximately 60lbs (including box) with a net weight of around 55lbs. You will only be charged for the net weight of the rock.
- Different types of rock can be combined in the same box(es). The branch rock however tends to take up more room than the other types of rock.
- The price of all Real Reef types is per pound.
- Please note that all Reef Rock types are exempt from our free shipping promotion.
Now with FREE standard shipping! (standard free shipping restrictions apply)
Real Reef Rock is made of 100% natural, marine friendly ingredients. Its comprised of the same building blocks which wild coral and living reef rock are composed of, but because the ingredients are not taken from the ocean, there is zero environmental impact to the world's coral reefs or marine habitat. The prepared rock is cultivated in closed systems on land, thus avoiding additional environmental impact that ocean mariculture or ocean farming may create.
The end result is a 100% natural eco friendly Live Rock alternative for the consumer that consistently looks better than any of its wild or ocean cultured counterparts. Real Reef does not harbor nuisance algaes, inverts and unwanted hitch hikers that wild live rock inherently does. It offers the aquarist a clean biologically active rock, which mitigates all the issues of wild live rock, including the process of waiting for the death to subside, AKA curing.
Real Reef Rock
Real Reef Rock is our standard reef building rock. It comes in a variety of sizes from small to show size custom. It is very light, porous and full of holes and crevices. It is three dimensional in shape and comes in many natural shades of purple, pink and red. It replicates the look, feel and function of coralline encrusted coral skeleton rock. This rock is great for Marine Reef and Fish only aquariums. Not suggested for Freshwater, as it holds a high stable pH.
Real Reef Rock Shipping/Packaging Notes
It is recommended to thoroughly rinse Real Reef rock before installing it in your system.
Additional purchase consideration: e-Marco 400 Aquascape Bonding Mortar Kit
|Display request for quote||N/A|