- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3"-10.6") for optimal skimmer performance.
- A "Refugium Ready" sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 Micron filter bags
- RO liter reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant marine-spec cabinet
- Professional refugium ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber.
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping - no gluing required
- Red Sea aquariums must be ordered by themselves. If you are wishing to order multiple things, please place two separate orders. One for the aquarium, and one for the rest of your products.
- Please call for a shipping quote if ordering from NWT, YK, or NUN.
- All Red Sea aquariums are brought in and shipped out on an as ordered basis. The average turn-around time to ship an aquarium to you is two business days except as where noted below.
- All shipments outside of the Vancouver Area are shipped via trucking company with residential and power tailgate delivery, and are fully insured.
- Tanks ordered within BC and (in some circumstances) Alberta may take an extra 5-10 business days to process. Systems ordered from Alberta and east of there usually will ship within two business days direct from the distributor in Ontario.
- If you are ordering for pick-up from our store, please select in-store pickup to avoid delivery charges. You will be notified when the tank arrives (usually within 5-10 business days).
- Red Sea Max S Series aquariums are always special order and will take from 3-6 weeks to ship.
- Please note the freight company is only responsible for getting the aquarium to the destination address and off-loading it. They are not responsible for carrying it inside.
- All freight charges have been greatly subsidized to help you get up and running with your new Red Sea system!
See the shipping notes at the bottom of this page BEFORE ordering!
If you're looking to add the distinctive beauty of a Peninsula-style coral reef aquarium to your home or office, you don't need a custom-built system to do so. Red Sea's new REEFER Peninsula brings color and ambiance to any living or office space at a fraction of the cost of a custom installation.
Available in 125cm (49.2") long/ 500 liter (132 gal) or 160cm (63") long/650 liter (173 gal), the REEFER Peninsula offers an impressive and elegant room divider solution with all of the features of our advanced REEFER systems. A rimless, ultra-clear glass coral reef aquarium is formed into a perfect peninsula that gives you a fascinating view from all three sides, adding complexity and intrigue to any reefscape.
These 60cm (23.6") high aquariums are set on stylish yet heavy duty cabinets* with epoxy painted finish on both sides. The cabinet includes a dedicated ventilated compartment for chiller and control systems and the doors may be assembled on either side of the cabinet to suit the layout of the room.
The unique design of the Peninsula with the overflow system at one end of the aquarium instead of at the center also makes it ideal for a room corner installation.
*Please note that the interior of the Peninsula cabinets has a black finish.
The REEFER Peninsula series have advanced sumps with the following exciting new features
REEFER aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design.
The aquarium sits on a recessed base that "floats" it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass.
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER Water Management System
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional "eyeball" return outlet nozzle.
In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
On entering the sump the water passes through a bank of 4 micron mechanical filter bags that slide out for ease of operation. The main compartment of the Peninsula sump includes an adjustable gate at the outlet that enables the water height in the chamber to be set at the optimal level for your skimmer, anywhere between 21 to 27cm.
A unique feature of this sump is that it is "refugium ready". It comes with an optional dividing wall for the main compartment that can be installed in one of 2 positions. You can decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system. Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
See the documents tab for a comparison chart and specifications between the different models.
|Display request for quote||N/A|