- Warm white LED enhances algae growth.
- Natural removal of excess PO4 and NO3.
- Increased pH / balanced system pH.
- Fish-free safe haven for pod growth.
- Grow your own food to feed to algae eating fish.
- AquaMaxx Reactor (w/ hanging bracket)
- Reef Crest 2m (6 foot) 14 Watt Warm White LED Strip
- Sicce MicraPlus Water Pump
- 2 - 90deg 1/2" barb fittings
- 3' - 1/2" ID Vinyl Tubing
- 8 - Zap Straps
- Reactor footprint: 5.5" x 5.5"
- Reactor height: 11.5"
- Chamber diameter: 4"
- Flow Rate: 80 - 150 gph
- **Some assembly required
When your goal is to grow algae, this purpose built algae reactor is indispensable. The intelligent design maximizes the amount of available light to the Macroalgae, vastly increasing the amount of Nitrate and Phosphate that can be removed from your system. As the algae carry out photosynthesis they will also remove carbon dioxide from the water and boost the systems pH level (excellent when trying to support calicification).
This reactor set-up is not submersible, so plan on installing this exterior to the tank or sump wall. Install a timer and only turn the LED on for a maximum of 8 hours. Llighting the algae during the period when your display tank lighting is off, is ideal.
lights must be on atleast 4hrs Review by digong
Quality Price Value
lights should turn on atleast 4 hrs. don't put your lights on more than 8 hrs otherwise reactor will be crack. (Posted on 6/8/2017)