- Latest in DC Controllable Technology
- 5 Controllable Energy Efficient Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning
- High Volume Air Intake Quiet Operation
- Capacity with Light Filtration Demand: 210 Gallons
- Capacity with Medium Filtration Demand: 160 Gallons
- Capacity with Heavy Filtration Demand: 100 Gallons
- Hybrid Cone Body: 6in
- Footprint: 11.4in x 7.5in
- Neck Size: 3in
- Total Height: 22.6in
- Output Size: 40mm / 1.25in
- Note: Recommended Sump Water Depth: 6-8in
- Warranty: 2 year coverage on pump - 1 year on rotor - 1 Year on skimmer body
- Reef Octopus Controllable DC 2500s Pinwheel Pump
- Power Consumption: 15-25watts
- Voltage: DC 24V
- Air Draw: 900 lph / 31.5 SCFH*
- Water Draw: 238 gph*
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Regal 150-INT in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 210 gallons. The Reef Octopus Regal 150-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
This Regal skimmer is equipped with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current DC-2500S pinwheel skimmer pump which are the latest in variable speed flow technology and allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyist are alternating current "AC" pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct current pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by the push of a button!!!
The Reef Octopus DC Controllable Skimmer Pump allows users to select between five preset speeds indicated by five lit LEDs. The controller also features a feed/service and an On/Off button. When the feed button is pressed, the skimmer pump shuts down and will automatically reactivate after 10 minutes. Press the feed button a second time to resume normal operation.
RO DC pumps feature a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds. The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
|Display request for quote||N/A|