Aqua FX Barracuda 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis/DI Filter - 50 GPD
The Barracuda is a Reverse Osmosis and Deionization system.
Reverse Osmosis & Deionization (RO/DI) units are used in reef tanks and saltwater aquariums; all coral tanks need RO/DI water for initial water and make up water. RO/DI removes Phosphates, Silicates, Nitrates and hard water minerals leaving water that is easily pH adjustable and stopping and preventing algae blooms. AquaFX RO/DI uses a nuclear grade virgin color indicating resin, able to bring water to 18 mega ohms of resistance (pure as you can get it on earth). Reef Tanks that use tap water to top off will have an ever increasing TDS concentration and the tank will eventually crash. The Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) coming from an RO/DI system should be zero.
The standard unit comes with 1-micron sediment filtration, a carbon block for VOC reduction, TFC membrane, and a color indicting deionization (DI) resin cartridges
- Includes 50 GPD TFC Membrane.
- 2-micron chlorine guzzler carbon block pre-filter or our exclusive chlorine and chloramine-removal filters
- 1 Micron Pre-Filter.
- Mixed Resin Color Changing DI Cartridge
- 160PSI Pressure Gauge
- Solid Aluminum "No Rust" mounting bracket
- Low Maintenance.
- Use On Any Water System.
- All units include see through clear canisters, and filter wrench.