- The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.
- Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.
- The plastic blades are also suitable for acrylic panes. The Care Magnet can also be used on round aquarium panes or round-arched panes.
- Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.
- It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.
- It can also be used as a hand scraper.
- Glass thickness from 10mm (3/8"') to max. 15mm (1/2").
- Width 86mm (3.4 in.), length 140mm (5.5 in.).
- Includes a stainless steel blade and two spare plastic blades.
The Tunze Care Magnet is a breath of fresh air in the field of aquarium pane cleaner design, consisting of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic. The patented slim Care Magnet is significantly more compact than conventional algae magnets with a large cleaning surface, it is unobtrusive and therefore able to remain within the aquarium without disrupting the overall scenery.
This window pane cleaner doesn't cause any scratches on internal aquarium panes, glass or acrylic. The inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface - almost as good as a sharp metal blade.
The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible. The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.
|Display request for quote||N/A|
Yes, best magnetic scraper Review by Kevin
Quality Price Value
As the other reviews statehis is the best magnetic scraper I have ever used. I've used hammerheads, magfloats, and Kent. This scraper beats them all. My only complaint is that the scraper head does not extent the full length of the scraper. Example: the scraper head is approximately 3 inches but the metallic scraper is only 2.25 inch leaving unusable space on the scraper head. Annoying but still worth the cost. (Posted on 10/29/2018)
Awesome scraper!! Review by Gary
Quality Price Value
This is the best scraper I have ever used. I was a little worried about spending $45 on a scraper but it's well worth the price. It made a normally arduous task very easy. I used it with the magnet and without to get at the back of my tank and it worked well both ways. Best scraper ever! (Posted on 6/10/2016)
Possibly the best magnet cleaner made! Review by Darren
Quality Price Value
This is an excellent product! The magnet is extremely powerful and allows the scraper to effortlessly remove material from the glass. Interchangeable scrapers, including metal, are included to remove anything from your glass. The scraper will not trap sand so there is no worry about scratching the inside of the aquarium. The blade size allows it to easily follow the curves of my bow-front tank. The only problem, and it is very small, is that the scraper does not float. You may need to retrieve the scraper from your tank if you pull the external magnet off while scraping but you will not do this accidentally because the magnet is too strong. Overall, this is the best scraper that you can buy! (Posted on 11/18/2015)