- Steam activated produced to the highest quality Food-Grade required by the FDA.
- Unmatched adsorption properties.
- High mechanical strength and low dust content.
- ROX Carbon offers superior pore size and structure, which makes it capable of adsorbing a wide range of molecule and particle sizes.
- These superior adsorption qualities facilitate the capture and retention of: medication, organics, chemicals, color contaminants, odors, and water column impurities.
- Electrostatic attraction and chemical bonding is utilized to accumulate and trap contaminants to pore walls and/or outer pellet surfaces.
- Small pellet size and high porosity provides more surface area increasing adsorption rates to that required by the medical industry.
- PH neutral 10.
- For use in Saltwater, Freshwater, and Ponds.
- Iodine Number: 1000min.
- Ball-Pan Hardness: 97min.
- Particle Size
- Iron (ACID EXTR.), MASS-%: 0.02max.
- Moisture (AS PACKED), MASS-%: 5max.
- PH: Neutral
- Food Chemicals Codex: Pass
- Methylene Blue Adsorption, g/100g: 24
- Surface Area (BET), m2/g: 1225
- Apparent Density, Vibration Feed: 0.40 g/ml
- Density, Backwashed and Drained: 0.35 g/ml
- Ash Mass %: ~3
- Calcium (ACID EXTR.), MASS-% 0.01
- Chloride (ACID EXTR.), MASS-% 0.1
Rox 0.8 Activated Carbon is the highest grade acid washed extruded carbon available on the market today.
3500ml of Rox carbon weighs approximately 1200 Grams.
Use a maximum of 150ml of media per 400 liters (100 gallons) of net system water volume. Rinse in water before each use. Although this product has a much higher adsorption capacity of most other carbons, it is recommended that it should be replaced regularly to maintain the same water parameters at all times. Carbon media can be used in fluidized filters, filter-bags, or any other media filters. However, proper flow is paramount to ensure efficient operation of the method utilized. When placed in a filter bag and/or other passive flow through application, daily kneading is recommended to avoid channeling of the media inside the bag.
Rox 0.8 is extremely powerful in exhausting chemicals, organics, and/or waste from your system. Introduction to any system must be gradual to avoid rapid changes of chemistry which can result in stress to the inhabitants. If higher dosages are desired, increase in small increments over a period of time. Optimal water parameters should always be monitored for best results.
|Display request for quote||N/A|
heard good things about rox.8 Review by gordie
Quality Price Value
after watching some youtube vids and stumbled across a write up of reef tank myths.
1 was that a proper running reef does not need carbon. reef water yellows and cuts the light at the sand in it's par.
after only 24 hours of running the rox my water is crystal and even better my open brain is now full of color body like never before.
after a few days all coral are getting more light and are vivid and bright looking. i love it (Posted on 12/22/2015)
A must for crystal clear water! Review by Darren
Quality Price Value
This is another one of those products that promises and delivers. If your water does not appear absolutely crystal clear, try this product! Place some in a mesh bag in your mechanical filtration and see the difference. There is minimal, if any dust, and you might not even need to rinse. Buy the large size, because it does not have an expiry date and it is more economical in the big bag. It may seem expensive, but you get what you pay for. It really does work! (Posted on 11/18/2015)