Live Goods are generally shipped via airline or courier unless otherwise specified. When shipping by airline, we ship guaranteed freight, this allows us to choose the flight the animals will be on, and advise you the arrival time. In addition, we request that all live goods be held in a heated warehouse prior to you receiving them, and that they are shipped in a heated compartment of the airplane. We discount the shipping rates provided by the airlines, and ultimately pass on discounted rates as per this table:
When ordering livestock online, please be aware of the following:
- Select Standard shipping for Airline shipping. Your order will go out on the next available date. We will need to contact to you prior to shipping to ensure you are able to receive it.
- Airline shipments have to be picked up at the airport.
- Courier shipments go direct to your door or access point.
- If selecting overnight courier shipping, your order will go out the next available shipping date (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday) unless you specify otherwise. Please make sure you are available to receive it and the animals are not left sitting outside!
- We do our best to keep the stock listings accurate, but inventory errors do happen. If we do not have what you ordered we will contact you for substitutions prior to shipping.
|Province||City||Airport||Shipping Day||Carrier||Shipping Charges|
|B.C.||Prince George||YXS||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|B.C.||Kelowna||YLW||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|B.C.||Smithers||YYD||Call||Air Canada||See table below|
|B.C.||Penticton||YYF||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|B.C.||Comox||YQQ||Thursday||Pacific Coastal||See table below|
|B.C.||Victoria||YYJ||Thursday||Harbour Air||Collected by airline|
|B.C.||Cranbrook||YXC||Thursday||Pacific Coastal||See table below|
|B.C.||Campbell River||YBL||Thursday||Pacific Coastal||See table below|
|B.C.||Powell River||YPW||Thursday||Pacific Coastal||See table below|
|B.C.||Nanaimo||YCD||Thursday||Harbour Air||Collected by airline|
|B.C.||Fort St. John||YXJ||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|B.C.||Terrace||YXT||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|B.C.||Port Alberni||Thursday||Harbour Air to Nanaimo||Collected by airline|
|B.C.||Vernon||Thursday||Westjet to Kelowna||See table below|
|B.C.||Courtenay||Thursday||Pacific Coastal to Comox||See table below|
|B.C.||Williams Lake||YWL||Thursday||Pacific Coastal||Collected by airline|
|B.C.||Dawson Creek||YDQ||Thursday||Central Mountain Air||See table below|
|B.C.||Quesnel||YQZ||Thursday||Central Mountain Air||See table below|
|B.C.||Prince Rupert||YPR||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|AB||Calgary||YYC||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|AB||Edmonton||YEG||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|AB||Lethbridge||YQL||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|AB||Fort McMurray||YMM||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|AB||Grand Prairie||YQU||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|AB||Medicine Hat||YXH||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|AB||Okotoks||Thursday||Westjet to Calgary||See table below|
|SK||Regina||YQR||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|SK||Saskatoon||YXE||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|MB||Winnipeg||YWG||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|ON||Thunder Bay||YQT||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|ON||Toronto||YYZ||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|ON||Ottawa||YOW||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|ON||Kingston||YGK||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|ON||Windsor||YQG||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|ON||Sault St. Marie||YAM||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|ON||North Bay||YYB||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|ON||Sudbury||YSB||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|QB||Quebec City||YQB||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|QB||Montreal||YUL||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|N.B.||Fredericton||YFC||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|N.B.||Saint John||YSJ||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|P.E.I||Charlottetown||YYG||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|N.S.||Halifax||YHZ||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|NL||St. John's||YYT||Thursday||Westjet||See table below|
|NL||Goosebay||YYR||Thursday||Air Canada||See table below|
|N.W.T.||Yukon||YXY||Thursday||Air North||Prepaid (we quote)|
|N.W.T.||Yellowknife||YZF||Thursday||Westjet||Prepaid (we quote)|
Livestock Shipping Costs via Airline
|AB, SK, MB||$65||$55||$45||FREE|
- The prices listed in the chart above are for live good shipments only! Dry good shipments are calculated in the shopping cart.
- Liverock is not included in the promotion (purchase that through our shopping cart).
- The above listed prices include all surcharges but do not include taxes.
- Drygoods and/or equipment cannot make up part of the dollar value ordered.
- We reserve the right to limit this promotion to those airports that are directly serviced by the above airlines (no interlines).
- At this time we are not able to offer this promotion to the Yukon, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut.
- If there is room in the box for a small dry good item, we will be more than happy to pack it. We will not however be able to ship several dry good items with a livestock shipment. They will have to be sent as a separate dry good order. We reserve the right to determine what we can fit.
Livestock Shipping Costs via Courier
|AB, SK, MB*||$45||$40||$35||FREE|
By UPS Overnight
- In most cases we can also ship to your door via UPS overnight service. This may be a viable service for many of you.
- This promotion is only valid for destinations that are reachable via the overnight service, and is not applicable for areas that UPS deems extended (remote) service areas. We do reserve the right to limit the destinations of this promotion.
- If express and expedited services give the same arrival date, in most circumstances, expedited will be used.
- At this time we are not able to offer this promotion to the Yukon, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut.
- You must be at the address shipped to to receive the package! If you are not, there is no live arrival guarantee.
- Providing the wrong address information for shipping voids any live arrival guarantee.
- UPS Livestock shipments will be shipped Monday through Wednesday.
- Livestock shipments via courier are fully insured.
- Liverock is not included in the promotion (purchase that through our shopping cart)
- No Dry Goods or supplies will be shipped with Express shipments.
- *Some locations will have a minimum charge regardless of order value. Current examples are: Lethbridge, Red Deer and Brandon
FREE SHIPPING OVER $99.00!*
- does not apply to livestock -
$9.95 FLAT RATE FOR LESS THAN $99.00 - CANADA AND LOWER 48 US WIDE!
- Light Bulbs over 36" are shipped at a flat rate of $9.95. No quantity Limit. You can ship one or one hundred bulbs for the same price (valid for both Canada and the US).
- Any heavy or bulky items will incur a 100% charge of the actual shipping cost (valid for both Canada and the US). Heavy bulky items include (but are not limited to): salt, dry rock, sand, chillers, sumps, aquariums, stands, and some filter media.
- Frozen or perishable food can only be shipped via UPS Express. We have discounted the express shipping of these items to help the hobbyist out.
- Livestock is covered by a different shipping policy. To view the policy and further information regarding shipping livestock, click here.
We always make our best effort to ship your order via the carrier chosen during the check-out process; however, for some multi-piece shipments and/or remote destinations, we must reserve the right to use another carrier at our discretion (and without prior notice). If you require notice of any changes made to the carrier, please mention it in the special instructions during check-out.
Upon request, we will do our best to ship your dry goods as per your specifications (courier, airlines, on your account, etc.).
Quoted rates are the carriers live discounted shipping rates after adjusting for any/all shipping promotions.
Group Buying Aquarium Supplies
J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below.
- One Ambassador needs to be assigned per group order. The ambassador is required to coordinate ordering between the group and J&L. We will work closely with the ambassador to ensure the items requested are on hold and accurately billed.
- An Order List, which contains the entire contents of the order separated by person involved, will be provided to J&L near the end of the group order Cut off period. Contact information (actual name and phone number) of each person listed is also required. No bulletin board handles will be accepted.
- A Cut Off Period needs to be assigned by the ambassador at the outset of the group order, and no additions or changes may be made past this point. The Cut off period is generally the business day before the order is scheduled to be shipped.
It is completely encouraged for the participants to call in on their own and check availability and stock; but, they won't be able to order or hold anything on their own. They must report their items to the ambassador.
The group ambassador is responsible for all order/shipping charges.
- Items marked by a indicate that we at J&L Aquatics have used in the past, or are currently using the indicated product. We have found the item to be of good quality and are happy with the use to which the product was intended.
- This endorsement in no way retracts from other products we offer. It is simply a method for us to let the consumer know the products that we have tried and had success with.
Aquarium Livestock Guarantee
- J&L Aquatics guarantees that your live goods order will arrive to you alive. In addition, we guarantee that all livestock purchased from us will remain alive for a 24 hour period after arrival. In order to qualify for coverage, we require the following:
- A clear photograph of the animal in the bag before it is opened for acclimation. We recommend taking photographs of all animals before beginning acclimation.
- Your livestock is properly acclimated (Acclimation Techniques) to your tank in a timely manner (within 4 hours) upon receipt.
- You must notify J&L Aquatics within 24 hours of delivery by email or telephone. If this takes place on a holiday, the time stamp on the voice mail or email will be used as the time of receipt.
- The best way to notify us of an issue is by email. The email includes a time stamp that will be used to verify coverage is still active, and it’s also the easiest way to send us a photograph of the deceased animal.
- In the event the animal dies between acclimation and 24 hours after arrival, we require a photograph of the deceased animal on a piece of paper. (We do not accept photographs of the fish in a net or stuck in rock work).
- Incorrect addresses provided for courier shipment void any livestock guarantee.
- Not being available for courier delivery on the first attempt voids any livestock guarantee.
- A J&L Aquatics gift card will be given for the price of the livestock returned to J&L Aquatics (credit does not include any original box, packaging or shipping charges). If a replacement is requested, the customer is responsible for any/all box, packaging and shipping expenses incurred for shipping the replacement animal.
- J&L Aquatics livestock guarantee does not pertain to replacement animals, special order animals, or animals that were noted that the guarantee does not apply to.
- The above only applies to orders that are shipped via Air Cargo Guaranteed Service, and UPS Overnight..
- In order for the guarantee to be valid, all of the above conditions must be met.
- Please note that J&L Aquatics will accept no returns/exchanges on livestock.
- In the event of an order cancellation on live goods (excluding live rock), J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 30% re-stocking charge. Live goods that are specially ordered are non-refundable.
- Credit for any livestock will be given as an account credit to be used within six months of date of issue.
- Animals that are not covered by the guarantee: All Echinoderms (Starfish, Urchins, etc.), Cephalopods, Cucumbers and Nudibranchs: J&L Aquatics will take every measure to ensure that your animal arrives in a healthy condition. However, due to the extremely delicate nature of these animals, the livestock guarantee does not
Aquarium Equipment Returns
- All returns and/or exchanges must be made within 14 days of receipt of product.
- Products may only be returned unused, and in original unopened packaging.
- J&L Aquatics reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 20% restocking charge for any/all returned merchandise (excluding exchanges).
- J&L Aquatics will not be responsible for return shipping charges. Original shipping charges are non-refundable. If the item was originally shipped under our free shipping policy, the cost of doing so will be removed from the credit. Before returning/exchanging any goods, we require that you authorize your return with J&L Aquatics. Any items returned without our authorization will be declined.
- In the event that your order is damaged by the carrier, a claim will be filed with the carrier company. Upon approval of the claim by the carrier, your original order will be re-shipped to you at no additional cost. If you wish to return the damaged goods for a refund or credit, the 20% restocking charge will be applied. J&L Aquatics will not be held responsible for any/all shipping delays that may occur from time to time.
- Special order & sale items are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Dry Good Order cancellations may also be subject to a 20% restocking charge.
- Any and all on-account credits will be in the form of a gift card that is usable online or in store..