Coral Rx Coral Dip (8oz)
Coral Rx was developed in 2006 for two purposes: to treat corals suffering with parasites, and as a prophylactic measure to promote healthy corals before parasites or bacterial infections become harmful. Coral Rx is tough on parasites, yet gentle on your coral (contains no iodine or oxidizers) allowing you to be proactive in protecting your investment.
Coral Rx was designed by keeping the health of your coral in mind. Our proprietary blend of natural ingredients contains no iodine, which is known to stain corals, nor does Coral Rx contain oxidizers whose by-products are often toxic and continue to react with surrounding tissue. Independent research also questions the effectiveness of iodine treatments.
Coral Rx removes many of the "hard to deal with" coral pests like Acropora-Eating Flatworms, Montipora-Eating Nudibranchs and Zoanthid-Eating Nudibranchs.
Coral Rx can be used in treating many types of live corals; soft, LPS and SPS. Coral Rx should be used in treating corals that have parasites or other bacterial infections. Additionally, it should be used as a prophylactic treatment before bringing live coral into your aquarium.
Coral Rx is effective in removing the following parasites:
- Acropora Eating Flatworms (AEFW)
- Montipora Eating Nudibranchs
- Zoanthid Eating Spiders
- Red Flatworms
- Filamentous Hair Algae
- Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN)
- Slow Tissue Necrosis (STN)
- Bacterial Infections & More
Shake bottle of Coral Rx. Add 20ml or 4 capfuls of Coral Rx to 1 gallon (3.8L) of saltwater from aquarium. Mix well. Using a small power head, keep the water moving and place coral in the coral dip. If you do not have a power head, gently shake coral in the coral dip. Keep coral in dip for 5 - 10 minutes. After 5 - 0 minutes, remove coral and discard the coral dip. Do not reuse coral dip as parasites may release toxins. Rinse coral with clean saltwater and return to aquarium. Do not add Coral Rx Pro directly into aquarium.