- The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.
- Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.
- The plastic blades are also suitable for acrylic panes. The Care Magnet can also be used on round aquarium panes or round-arched panes.
- Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.
- It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.
- It can also be used as a hand scraper.
- Glass thickness from 6mm (1/4') to max. 10mm (3/8").
- Width 45mm (1.77 in.), length 78mm (3 in.).
- Includes a replacement plastic blade.
The Tunze Care Magnet is a breath of fresh air in the field of aquarium pane cleaner design, consisting of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic. The patented slim Care Magnet is significantly more compact than conventional algae magnets with a large cleaning surface, it is unobtrusive and therefore able to remain within the aquarium without disrupting the overall scenery.
This window pane cleaner doesn't cause any scratches on internal aquarium panes, glass or acrylic. The inner magnet is more than 3mm away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface - almost as good as a sharp metal blade.
The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible. The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.
|Display request for quote||N/A|