Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow - 500ml
Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow
Replicates marine snow for corals and other suspension-feeding marine invertebrates.
Overview of Brightwell Restor
- Complex of carbonate-bound, non-conservative major, minor, and trace elements in aragonite ratios, as well as marine-derived proteins and lipids in coral tissue ratios.
- Simultaneously delivers appropriate inorganic and organic nutrients required by stony corals, both zooxanthellate and azooxanthellate soft corals, gorgonians, clams, tube worms, sponges, tunicates, and other suspension-feeding invertebrates for growth of both soft tissue and skeletal material.
- Ideally fed at night when most corals extend their tentacles for prey-capture.
- Does not require refrigeration.
- Formulated by a marine scientist.
Instructions & Guidelines for using Reef Snow from Brightwell Aquatics
Shake product well before using. Turn protein skimmer and other forms of mechanical filtration off prior to adding Reef Snow to aquaria, and allow 10 - 15 minutes after use before resuming operation of filtration. Most zooxanthellate corals extend their tentacles at night, when the majority of coralivorous and zooplanktivorous fishes are asleep and the abundance of zooplankton in the water column passing over and through the reef is at its greatest.
Therefore, the most sensible time to feed Reef Snow to corals is after all lights in the aquarium have been off (preferably for at least one- to two-hours) and the room is dark.
Using a dim flashlight, illuminate the area immediately upstream of the coral to be fed, then feed as directed below. Slight cloudiness of the aquarium water accompanying dosage of Reef Snow is a result of the inorganic active components entering solution and will dissipate rapidly.